Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rapport Shortcut A Simple Nlp Process

Rapport Shortcut A Simple Nlp Process
I have been reading books and listening to audios lately with the topic on NLP or Neurolinguistic Programming. I wont dwell much on the definition of it since it will need more than a blog entry to explain its meaning. What I can say is that any engineer constructing a low paying building, any lawyer defending a guilty-as-charge prisoner or any successful landscape drain systems Long Beach contractor will automatically benefit from this.

First off, let me share to you briefly, how I got a hand on these materials. I called up a guy from a drip irrigation Huntington Beach agency to give me some ideas on my next project. He came to my house in a decent get up. I invited him for a juice at my backyard since my air-conditioning system was defective. While we were talking about my upcoming project, he removed his sleeves since the heat of the sun scorched us. I noticed his shirt which says NLP. I immediately asked him about it and he explained to me the benefits of the technology. I wont dwell on those either and but he told me to contact his friend from a drip irrigation Orange County team who opened the door to his enlightenment.

So lets get down to business. We want to present ourselves as the best in the crowd. We value our image whether you are a successful contractor for drip irrigation in Cerritos or a humble mail carrier in New Jersey. We do the best we can to be proud. The truth is we want to go higher ranks to get that feeling of superiority. However, its easier said than done.

This is not a problem in building instant rapport. NLP gives us instant power in building rapport and its very easy to do. Remember that NLP is based on the facts of social interaction, communication, and psychology.

If you are talking to your boss in a landscape contractor Long Beach agency and it just so happened that you are proposing something, watch out for his body language. You would want to model or mirror his current body language for him to be at ease with you. Research shows that closed friends almost move, act, and position their bodies almost identically. You want to do this.

Second, tonality is impact. We know that giving emphasis on certain words amplify the weight of our points. However, this is just a small thing that works some times. What you want to emphasize is your tonality on certain words that creates visuals, auditory perceptions, and feelings. These three senses are what you need in bringing out a positive result. Compare the statements, Let US do this for our success and If we work with our eyes fixed on the documents, we will succeed. The former just sounds rhetoric or emphasis-based. The latter, on the other hand, creates images that the receiver of the message pictures on his or her minds eye. We can even amplify the latter by conveying more vivid pictures.

This is just my mere observation and the content is really shallow. Try to amplify the concept here to someone you know and see the difference it would make.

Reference: pickup-for-girls.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment