Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It Time

It Time
To all the girls who feel less than.

To all the girlfriends who don't think they're pretty enough.To all the women who feel inadequate.To moms, aunts, cousins, and grandmas who want to set a good, powerful example for the young women in their lives.To all the girls who hate what they see in the mirror.To all the girls who look at a "hotter" girl and think, "I wish I looked like that."To all the girls who define themselves by the scale.To all the girls who compare themselves to magazine covers. IT'S TIME. It's time we take back the word beautiful. It's time we start feeling good again. It's time.It's time to stop comparing ourselves to magazine covers, and celebrities.

It's time to start loving ourselves again, "exactly" as we are.Hi, my name is Tinamarie Stolz. I'm a college student, a girlfriend, a best friend, a Resident Assistant and a Christian. I'm writing this blog because I am so sick and tired of seeing girls hurt. I am so tired of seeing the young women I know have low self esteem because of photoshopped magazine covers, explicit pictures and ads, guys, and sometimes even insecure female figures in their lives. This blog is for "any" woman out there who has ever felt insecure, or inferior, and wants to do something about it.

We need to unite. We need to help each other STOP believing the lies that mean people, the media and sometimes even people close to us are saying. In case anyone hasn't told you, you're beautiful. In case anyone hasn't mentioned it, you're strong.In case anyone hasn't let you know, you're brave.

I want to invite you on a journey with me, and together we can change things becauseNO GIRL SHOULD "EVER" FEEL LESS THAN. IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THAT.

Picture above has been taken from Google Images http://itsdstndx0.blogspot.com/2011/04/acceptance-you-are-beautiful.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment