Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Sun Also Rises Getting Lost With Yunjin Kim

The Sun Also Rises Getting Lost With Yunjin Kim
All the same Hopeless boasts an athletic cast against which greatest extent situate are leisurely, current are a few characters who look to all over trap on in the midst of fans. One such character is Sun-Hwa Kwon, played by Korean artist Yunjin Kim.

I sat down with Kim to talk about Lost's success in the international marketplace, what to charge for her character in Get through Four, and Sun's, er, weird herb-growing abilities.

Q: Why do you think Hopeless has become such an international phenomenon? Do you think that that's in part due to the hodgepodge of the characters?

Kim: Oh, I think hodgepodge of the characters by all means has a lot to do with that. But I think Hopeless deals with a lot of frequent issues. We're talking about being infertile on an isle and creating a new type of society with such a [atypical group of] people and what we proposal with every day are frequent questions like, "Why am I here? Who am I? Can I let go of my past and move forward?" And, I think, for some judge that catches a lot of blue-collar attention. Next we proposal with a lot of fun elements and there's a lot of action, danger, love. It's all the basic interests that people want to see.

Q: Discourse of love, would you say that Sun and Jin grasp the only relationship that's actually benefited from being on the island?

Kim: Personally, Sun and Jin were the only married couple so I used to poke fun at and be like, I'm the only unhappy housewife on this isle. And Sun was totally unhappy from the very be born. We've stirred on and they've fully developed, every one of them, especially in their relationship. Give are option characters [in relationships] and the only difference is that we've or had a relationship. We were or married and then current was a absolutely throb on this infertile isle so--

Q: So, I'm very fearful about Sun.

Kim: So am I, I grasp to say. (She laughs.)

Q: Liable the great thing of the oath on the isle and pregnant women, is current a happy dense perhaps in store for the two of them?

Kim: I don't enlighten. I grasp no idea. I mean, I'm certificate so far. And, we grasp to call for somebody that one come through we only move fore, what, 30 days? So, we've only been on the isle for 90 time. So, my fatal outcome caging is not until--at one point I think I actually calculated--I think I'm good up to Get through 5 1/2. (She laughs.) And, who knows? Who knows what's separation to happen?

Q: If Sun were able to get off the isle by some means, what do you think would be the first reason she does?

Kim: I think she'll apparently check herself into a infirmary. To make unflinching her indulge is certificate and that her health is fine. I grasp a feeling she world power go back to Korea. It's one of the belongings that we proposal with. We've or immunization Sun and Jin's occasion for Get through Four, so that's one reason that they do talk about while current is that dream. Yes, we are separation to get rescued. We are separation to actually get off this isle. So what do you wanna do? So we talk about separation back home and belongings like that.

Q: Sun has had sort of a check past--

Kim: Yes.

Q: We've seen some group of darker elements to her personality. We saw her kill Colleen in Get through Three. If Sun might do a minute ago what on earth in Get through Four, what would you dream for the character?

Kim: Fully, it was so noticeably fun just be in some of the action stuff. You enlighten, Sun is charming noticeably the only character who's sort of "detached." She's either safe in the caves or she just relies on Jin to guard her. But for the first time in Get through Three, like you've mentioned, I actually grasp to kill unlike character on the show and so I was absolutely happy. There's a lot mega to Sun than she's been advertised to be. And there's so noticeably secret scheduled her past life, I can't in a row keep up. For some judge she has issues problem with just speaking the evidence and just let it out and we proposal with mega of that in Get through Four, think it or not.

Q: Soul we ever get to see how she intellectual to gardens or intelligence for inhabitants herbs?

Kim: I think she was untutored with it. I don't think we'll ever [explain that] while she's had a charming convenient life and she's from a very, very successful family--probably one of the greatest extent successful families in Korea--so either she did it just to be real on the isle or she missed eating vegetables. Or, I don't enlighten. (She laughs.)

Attractively, I'll have that I'm a bit of a dork for asking that supreme question but Sun's herb-growing skills--which seemed to come out of nowhere in Get through One, precise her indoors upbringing--has reliably intrigued me as a bit of a sagging graph line (in spite of this, deliberately, not of the wideness of the four-toed super statuette settle up).

In the meantime, I do dream that the producers maintain to potential Sun's character and backstory in this advent come through and, urge for the love of all belongings Dharma, that they don't kill off Sun!

Lost's fourth come through kicks off this Thursday, January 31st, at 9 pm ET/PT on ABC.

Origin: mark-rayan-pua.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment