Sunday, December 12, 2010

Exhibiting Sigma

Exhibiting Sigma
One's socio-sexual rank can often be determined by the way one responds to an unfamiliar woman's request for assistance:

A couple weekends ago, I came back to my apartment with some female friends to watch a movie. I went into the kitchen, and one friend said, "Uh...is that a big bug on your ceiling?"

I looked up at the ceiling and didn't see anything. Then I looked where she actually meant, and there, sitting on the vent, was a cockroach that was maybe 2 1/2 inches long. My friends immediately wanted to find a guy in the building to kill it. I suggested a neighbor who I was pretty sure was male (judging by the chubby guys I had seen entering with bottled beer on another occasion), so my friends ran over to recruit his services. Alas, he was not home.

The instinctive Game-related interpretation of this situation would be to read it as a conventional test. Whereas the BETA will leap at the opportunity to demonstrate his servile willingness to provide services on the off-chance that this will make him appear more attractive to the cowardly woman, the Alpha understands that doing her such a service will only be a display of low value and render him a utility tool in the woman's eyes.

The Sigma, on the other hand, will cheerfully agree to help the woman out, but only, as he explains to her with a slightly unsettling smile, because he "likes to kill". Bonus points if he asks her if seeing things die turns her on, triple bonus points if she backs away wide-eyed, retracts the request, and flees. Women like dangerous men; notice how supervillains are always surrounded by attractive and extremely obedient women.Alpha Game 2011

Origin: datingforaverageguys.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment