Saturday, May 26, 2012

Im Getting Older

Im Getting Older Image
Special occasions are when I miss my friends and family the most. Since I been living in the UK I never had my birthday here or in Brazil. I have been lucky to always travel to lovely places and recently many were in Portugal as its the closest to home as I could get without traveling 14 hours.

This year, with me as full time MBA student we decided to stay in the UK. To my surprise, one of my really good friends from Brazil where in the Uk for a course and the coincidence? We share our birth day. YEAHHH! So this year we had the opportunity to "share a birthday cake". It made me so delighted to be able to share it with such special friend as we know each other for the last 15 years and have many fun stories between us.

I been really busy and lucky I had baked a test batch of a possible cake idea a few days earlier and was planning to take with me to meet other lovely bloggers (that's another post) and forgot in the fridge in my rush to not be late. With a quick table set up (my patchwork tea set) and we made our wishes before she had to leave for the airport.

And destiny made my test batch become 'the official' birthday cake this year. I'm not going to bake another one as intended because this was so special.

HRH took the day off today so we can enjoy ourselves and I will leave you with some photos with me and my friend in town and our delicious lemon cupcakes!

Behind us is the 2nd oldest cathedral in england built in the year 604 DC

0 comments:

Post a Comment