Wednesday, October 9, 2013

By Janebejane

By Janebejane
I agree, when I viewed the video clip, it seemed absolutely absurd how the behavior of young men is not discussed. At all. We were bombarded with examples and statistics of young females, but the role that boys play in this culture went completely unacknowledged.

I am upset that very young girls are losing their virginity younger and younger for the wrong reasons, but this video clip made all sex for anyone under the age of 18 sound unacceptable, and I just don't agree with this. If a girl is in a caring, monogamous relationship at the age of sixteen, then why can't she engage in oral sex? I am much less upset to hear about oral sex than I am to hear about intercourse because I feel like it is an appropriate way to explore sexuality with a lot fewer risks. This whole article and news clip make sex seem like the devil when in actuality, in the right circumstances (and obviously the age varies for everyone), it can be enjoyable and healthy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment