Friday, June 8, 2012

Interesting Question

Interesting Question

THE QUESTION

My primary interest is to move from mainstream education into private practice over

the next few years. Is your course suitable for someone with an educational rather than a health or therapy background?

THE ANSWER


Thank you for your email and an interesting question. I hope my own experience is helpful for you as I myself came into private practice from an educational (and business) background. The NLP techniques have made a huge difference, especially in terms of understanding the precise meaning behind what people say, and helping them undertand this themselves.

I originally came into NLP because two of my students said I was teaching 'like NLP'. I decided to find out what I was doing. NLP is based on what successful people already do, but I found so much more than that. It filled the gaps, and interested me enough to go on to Practitioner, Master-Practitioner and eventually Licensed Trainer, an amazing journey. Now I teach what I have called 'Healing NLP,' to point up the difference between our more reflective approach and the rah-rah of the business model.

Of course I don't know your educational speciality nor the private practice it is your primary interest to move into but I do know that NLP's communication skills have helped many people help others. Because of its value in improving communication skills, I even insist on NLP Masters training for teachers!

Credit: pua-celebrities.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment