Sunday, December 22, 2013

Take A Moment For Thanks

Take A Moment For Thanks
Firstly, thank God for meditation. I really don't know how people can get through the day without it, especially in this society where we are constantly bombarded with stimuli. I awoke this morning full of restlessness, anxiety and doubt. I let my alarm snooze about 7 times and when I got up I was in a restless panic to get started on work and get going with the day. I had a headache and my back ached from a 6 day menstrual cycle I just recovered from. I wish that guys could experience having a period for just one day, I figure they would be a lot nicer to us if they only knew. Why my menstrual cycle was 6 days, I'm not sure but I want to describe it as similar to hell. I am very lucky though, I was able to stay home and laze around, go to the beach, swim, nude sunbath, introspect and read during those days. Not to mention I watched several movies, including Disneys "The Princess and the Frog", which is actually very scary, so beware.

Anyways, after 6 days in quiet and almost complete solitude I did a lot of introspection, which is traditionally what native women did at "moon time" as they call it. I came to some very clear and interesting conclusions.

1) FEELINGS ARE THE THINGS WE ARE AFRAID TO SAY

Who would of thought that one the hardest things I would ever do was just be able to feel my own feelings. It is so common that we say and do the exact opposite of what we are feeling. This is either to please others or because we are too afraid to acknowledge and validate what it is that we are actually wanting and needing. We judge it, we judge ourselves, that it's bad, it's wrong to have something that may contradict what others think or expect of us, mostly do to how they feel about themselves. Or we even dictate to ourselves what we do and do not deserve, self created limitations. Some things are accepted in society and others things are not, and somehow we just unconsciously bought into living in a cage of limitations when the truth is, we are limitless.

When we go into our hearts, which is the center of our emotional and physical body, we feel and we can tune into what is really going on for us. It sounds so simple doesn't it? And it is, but why are so many people disconnected from how they really feel?

When did society ever teach us to follow our heart? We are taught in school from day one, that 1+1 = 2. But 1+1 can equal 3 or 4 or 5. Why not? What I'm saying is that, our feelings are very powerful tools because it breaks us from our shell, the shell that we have allowed ourselves to be built into, the limitations of the mind.

The mind is a powerful tool when used with feeling and centerdness, but alone it can become cold and disconnected. Once we go to our heart center, we may feel that the city life is not for us anymore. We may start to feel that there are options and limitless ideas and expressions of how we can actually live life. Imagine the idea that money flows easily and effortlessly to you. Imagine letting go of the idea of working hard for money, an age old idea imposed on us by our parents and the world. Possibly, to enslave us, but possibility just from their own past limited ideas.

It is a new age, a new dawning of time and the mother energy is awakening on this planet. Her body, is awakening through earth changes and her mind is awakening in our consciousness, in our hearts. You may suddenly feel that buying into a society that cannot sustain our future generations may not be for you anymore. But you can only feel this when you go to your heart. I am feeling a big shift in my thinking because I see that many of the limitations I have struggled with are not ideas or beliefs that I created. I see my parents and my grandparents and I see their struggle. I can choose now to release that struggle and move forward in light and love, or I can choose to carry on the generational burden each of our ancestors passes on to us. I am choosing to move forward as Clarity, rather than Charity West. I am choosing to freely make decisions based on what my heart is telling me. If it doesn't make sense but it feels right, I know I can freely act and trust. But if it doesn't make sense and it doesn't feel right, I know not to act. What I'm saying is take some time, even just one whole day to be somewhere alone, in nature and tune into your heart. How do you really feel about things? Maybe the sadness you are feeling is not your own. Maybe where you are living needs to change. Maybe you are exactly where you need to be but all you need is a shift in perception, gratitude and acceptance, joy for that moment.

2) EVERYONE, INCLUDING YOU IS PERFECT RIGHT NOW AND THERE ARE NO MISTAKES

My mind struggles sometimes with the idea that people around me, including myself are constantly making a lot of bad choices and mistakes. When I drop this belief, which is a daily practice, I start to see everything without judgment. I actually saw that even the seeming "mistakes" turned out to be something beautiful and that God is working constantly through his creation. He really is the doer, that is not just a quaint saying. He is doing everything, all the time, through each and everyone one of his perfect creations. There is a higher power at work and I can't explain it, but there is a plan so beautiful and intricate. The best thing I can do right now is accept myself and everything that happens around me and pray that I make the best choices, for myself and others. When we stop judging, people flourish like flowers, we need to shower them silently with love and acceptance. Then we will shine because God's love is flowing through us and they will shine because silently you give them permission to be themselves. I will elaborate more on this point later. This is not gospel hour and I am not a preacher but these are some things I have been thinking about in my days upon days of seclusion. Sometimes I get lonely, but I see that seclusion is the price of greatness. It's great to be with others, and I pray for more togetherness with my spiritual bro's and sis's but I embrace this being alone. I see that it brings Clarity.

XOX



Reference: datingforaverageguys.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment