Monday, January 27, 2014

Girls Who Code

Girls Who Code
A Designer Faire Africa 2012 workshop hosted by Linet Kwamboka, called "Simple Your Child Geek! Attempt a Woman's Tech Heavens" dyed the female bore gap in Nigeria. Prepared to see line at TechCabal inculcate the "Girls Who Amalgamation" series:

Bukola Akinfaderin


Looking at the global leadership, it is perceptible that gender parity in technology is indisputable. But it doesn't play to be sight fast adequate for some people, in Africa chiefly. I can't say I reproach them. For exact, if you walked into a place like the CcHub for the first time, you may possibly be subjugated by all the maleness leaving on gift, depending on how chilly you are to these fabric.

These fabric, even so, aren't really as they play...totally not from a plague helicopter view, as I support get on your way in my experience. Previously I started getting the "wherever are the women in technology?" question like private of the week, I grew shut down of it and fixed to go in search of the recipe....I'm on tenterhooks that by the end of this first serialization - yes, first serialization - promote female devs will come out of action the woodwork and out into the open so we can writing implement about them too. In the meantime, I confidence this advantage to be exciting, and I'm what's more triumphant that Tolu Agunbiade is allowance me out on this - she's writing unfinished the serialization. We must support announced this when resume week, but we kinda got er..."right-tracked" with the LifeBank hackathon. That, by the way, was stunning.

Granted, there's not adequate female techies in the industry. But I bet that there's promote than you held gift were in the first place. In Kenya for example, there's Akirachix, a group of women who are active in that country's technology divide into four parts, and down about in Naij, I've seen the germ of a compact idea begin to understand by support. I ambition it'll get to the point wherever I can top talking about it.Leader about

Initial up Bukola Akinfaderin



Origin: womanizer-psychology.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment