Saturday, April 11, 2009

Looking For A Historical Romance

Looking For A Historical Romance
It's a historical romance published in the 90s. It might have been Harlequin, but I am not 100% sure.

The protagonist, I think her name is Clare, is married off by her parents without her consent into a sham marriage. She finds out that he (her husband) plans to ship her off to some forsaken corner of England/Scotland. She decides instead to sneak off to London where he is and have her revenge. She adopts a new name (I think actually that's Clare) and manages to seduce him. So she becomes his mistress. I think she wanted to break his heart or something along those lines. Of course, there is a back story of him (I think it's Shane or Sebastian) committing piracy in the name of the queen.

The title might have been something along the lines of the hawk and the dove or the hawk and the rose or some sort of predatory bird and the rose/dove. Seahawk?

I think the cover was generic, a ship in the background with a red-headed bosomy woman and mr. tall dark and handsome.

That's as much as I can remember. Some details I might have made up in my head, but for the most part (esp. the story line) I believe to be accurate.

Thanks for any help I can get!



Source: umad-dating-advices.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment