Monday, April 13, 2009

That Harmless Sweetheart At Work Wants To Sleep With You

That Harmless Sweetheart At Work Wants To Sleep With You
http://www.guyspeak.com/that-harmless-sweetheart-at-work-wants-to-sleep-with-you/

You know that harmless buddy at work who is super sweet and always brings you a coffee in the morning? The dude who's willing to walk over to the just too far salad bar place and grab your lunch nearly every day? You know the one -- that sweetheart who looks and acts like a puppy in your presence? Yea. That guy. He wants you. Like, WANTS YOU. Believe me, he does. I know it's not what you want to hear and not something you've given much thought to EVER... but he has. This isn't a blog to creep you out. Let me repeat that: This isn't a blog to upset you or freak you out. Rather, it's a blog to remind you of the unpopular truth that most guys are always operating with sex/romance on the mind.

Sometimes the clich'ed question: "Can men and women just be friends?" needs to be readdressed. And it's my ever-growing belief that (by and large) the answer is NO. There is always some element of sexuality, some element of fantasy, some angle that points to the crotch for me. Again, I know you're reading this right now, thinking, yeah, that's just one Funny Guy's Opinion. There is no way Scott from HR sees me that way. He just likes spending his afternoons downloading every HBO series for me and listening to me ramble about all my online dating disasters. There's no way soft, little, wallflower Scott sees me that way.

Again, he does. He is mildly obsessed with you. He is doing what I will refer to moving forward as The Slow Boiling Frog. AKA The Slow Roll. AKA: The "I will eventually show (insert your name) that it's me all along she's been looking for." Sure, I may not be the big-swinging Dick from finance who walks in the room and gets the stares, but I'm the always there for you, heart of gold, cutie that will eventually win her heart... and body.

So, Ladies, now that you know this: What to do? I'm not asking you to do anything different. Just be mindful, that often light-hearted relationships have deeper roots; that it's important to set boundaries for everyone's sake. That ultimately we are all human and want to be loved and held - many men are just asking for it in slow-motion.

Good luck! And get your own nicoise salad from time to time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment