Friday, December 18, 2009

Love Getting Crafty For Valentine Day

Love Getting Crafty For Valentine Day
I'm not a huge Valentine's Day person, I'll admit. But the year that the guy I was dating at the time made me both a gift (a photo book) and dinner (a luxurious all-out affair) is one that I'll never, ever forget. So if you're the crafty type who wants to make something special for your sweetie - or hey, even for yourself if you're single - then some of my fellow Guides here at About.com have the digs:

VALENTINE'S DAY KNITTING PROJECTS

My favorite? The 'hugs and kisses' XOXO scarf, which I've knit a few times myself.

BEADED SAFETY PIN PATTERNS

Maybe for the younger set, but still fun nonetheless.

DIY SEXY VALENTINE'S DAY GIFTS

A whole host of fun, exciting and very sexy ideas to make for your partner.

VALENTINE'S DAY QUILTS

Ok, you might not have time to make a whole quilt before February 14th, but maybe you do if you start now? Quilters, you'll have to chime in on this one.

VALENTINE'S DAY SOAP PROJECTS

Ooh, yummy. Ok I think I might have to try a few of these myself. Not for my partner. No, no. For myself! Hm, or maybe I'll try making these cocoa butter massage bars instead.

FABRIC HEART TREAT BAG

From our Guide to Sewing, a cute little bag to make that could hold something small but significant.

VALENTINE'S DAY POTTERY PROJECTS

A vase to hold those valentine's day flowers perhaps?

VALENTINE'S DAY PAINTING PROJECTS

Wow, there's a huge list of ideas and projects to choose from here, most of which are perfect for beginners.

VALENTINE'S DAY JEWELRY MAKING PROJECTS

A three page list of jewelry projects, mostly for women, that are skewed from beginners to advanced levels.

DRAW A MANGA VALENTINE'S DAY CARD

Unusual but perfect for the manga-lover in your life.

CROCHETED VALENTINE'S DAY ARRANGEMENT

With a few flowers from your garden, this would make a lovely gift.

FREE BEAD PATTERNS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY

A handful of cute, small projects from the Guide to Beadwork.

LOVE COUPONS

Inexpensive and easy enough for anyone to do, you can use the list of ideas presented here or make your own.

MAKE YOUR OWN VALENTINE'S DAY CARDS

So much more personal when you do it yourself, with the help of some ink and stamps.

CREATE A ROMANTIC PRESENTATION

Alright, so its not quite crafty, but it is DIY. Use Powerpoint to make your partner a Valentine's Day themed presentation with the tips and tricks suggested here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment