Monday, June 14, 2010

More Bad Poetry

More Bad Poetry
I find sestinas fascinating. A total pain in the ass to write, and it's hard to make them good. So I tell you now, this one isn't good...but it doesn't talk about any of my typical neurosis, so it makes for a lovely change of pace. Damn, I didn't even mention rum! Shit.There was a handsome bold pirate named JackWhose eyes and bonny long locks were black.He loved a girl with hair like loose flames of red,Whom he affectionately called His Hellion.Together they fought against all attackAnd lived on his pirate ship of Love.But all men, even Jack, are stupid when it comes to Love."She doesn't make a good pirate," contemplated Jack."What if she were injured or worse during an attack?Why all my blue days would turn to black!I must do all I can to protect my fragile Hellion,My darling with hair like loose flames of red."When he kicked her to an island, his darling saw red!How dare he do such a thing and then say it was for Love?"I'll show him who's not a pirate," fumed a furious Hellion"I have some tricks I've yet to show Jack."Her mood went from scarlet embers to limitless black-Her pirate should beware from whence of his next attack.At sunset, the Captain soon sound himself under attackBy an enemy with locks like the sun's flames of red"Oh, shit," he said, when he realized his love's mood was black"But I only hid her on the island out my full sense of Love!Women! You can't live with them or shoot them," said Jack.Then he began to plan what he would do about his Hellion.With a look though her spyglass, there spied Ms. Hellion"Yes, run, you dog, you know you're under my attack!But no matter where you run, you'll find me, dear Jack"She flew down from the crow's nest, her hair flying red,"Oh, the things I have to put up with for the sake of Love.Oh, to be near my bonny with his teasing eyes so black." "Son of a bitch!" yelled the man with eyes so blackHe couldn't help but admire his persistent wench HellionPerhaps he hid out of fear, and not out of LovePerhaps she had every right to levy attack.Or perhaps he just missed tupping his Lady Red."Yes, that's what it is," wryly thought Jack.Did you ever hear such a tale as Jack and his firebrand Hellion?How a black garbed pirate could levy such a bed-melting attack?All for a woman of red-who would give anything for Love.

Source: pickup-techniques.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment