Tuesday, September 4, 2012

22 Month Update

22 Month Update
I feel like just yesterday I was typing up Ivys 20 month update post, my how time flies! Anyway, V-woman at 22 months old is a lot like V-woman was at 20 months old, except not at all. She's some sort of modern-day Michelle Tanner and likes to use hilarious catchphrases like, "cool, dude!" and "later, bro!" This may have influenced the prints we bought her recently. She refuses to wear anything but swimsuits, dresses, and pink tulle; usually all at once. She will eat you alive if you try to renegotiate her outfit with her, so do yourself a favor and just don't. Let the girl do her thing. Her wearing three dresses layered over each other with a swimsuit beneath isn't hurting anyone. (Except you if you get in the way of it, don't say I didn't warn you.)

By now you've probably guessed that she is stubborn as all get-out these days. You're wrong, she is "more" stubborn than that. (Us Taurus's, man!) She loves to chit-chat on the phone with people and like any 2 year old, she loves to help. She still loves to dance and will get all dolled up to do so, the girl just fancies feeling fancy. For instance, last week she woke up before 4 AM patheticaly sobbing from her crib for her, "DWEEEESS!" If you're wondering the outcome to that story, I did what anybody would do and put the girl in a dress. Once all was right with the world, she instantly fell back asleep happy as a clam in her Sunday best. Oy! She's got me on a short leash, that girl.

Anyway, as sassy and wild as she can be, she can be just as sweet and heart-warming. Sometimes she'll drop what she's doing and come running from across the room with pursed duck-lips to give me a big kiss and pat on the back. Other times I'll hear her pit-pattering down the hall saying in her high raspy voice, "Mamaaaa, where-aaaahhh-you?!" only to walk in, blow me a kiss, and then go back to what she was doing. Ivy is the queen of making funny-faces and has been caught practicing them in the mirror many times. She loves to make people laugh, and as always from day one, is such a ham. At stop lights I'll glance back at her through the rearview mirror and she'll be frozen with puckered lips, raised eyebrows, and her chin pressed against her chest. I can't help but laugh when wondering how long she had been holding that expression. Let's see, she is still the worlds pickiest eater, (with Gf only coming in 2nd place, I'm not all that surprised) and she is still obsessed with stuffed animals, jewelry, Justin Bieber, baby dolls, and... Buzz Lightyear! (TWIST!)

With her 2nd birthday and a baby Sister coming right around the corner, I'm feeling pretty sentimental about every little thing she does these days. With all the frustrating moments that come as a side dish with this fun age; her learning new things, communication barriers, and the dreaded "terrible 2's" (I'll be honest, sometimes I wish I had the 'Super Nannys' number on speed dial), I can only hope that I'm doing enough to enjoy and remember all these last little one-on-one moments of equally precious and hilarious moments spent with her. Love you, girly!

Credit: anita-pickup.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment