Sunday, September 2, 2012

Help Dating An Asian When To Make A Move

Help Dating An Asian When To Make A Move
Let me preface this by saying that I understand all people are unique, and that my intention isn't to pigeon hole people into some kind of stereotype. The girl, Y, is an immigrant from Taiwan as of 3 years ago, so her cultural background is very different from what I'm used to, even though I've travelled around quite a bit.

So I met Y through online dating, with her somewhat establishing contact(she gave me a high rating, to which I sent a message), and we talked for a few weeks back and forth. We wanted to meet up earlier, but Hurricane Sandy interfered. Anyways, we totally hit it off: we're both into similar creative fields, and just happened to be getting ready a month long trip to China and Hong Kong in December.

First time we met, last weekend, I planned a casual kind of get together...the usual first date material, but we ended up just walking around the city and talking for like 5 hours. Great smile, loves to laugh, so cute it almost hurts- I was sold. And the feeling seems to be mutual, she consistently texts/facebook messages me, no longer are we using the dating site we met on.

Of course after that first date, I decided to NOT kiss her when saying goodbye. I did this because from what I've gathered about Asian women, they like to take things very slow.

Tonight, we went on another date, and did a bunch of fun things that I planned with a great deal of effort: brewery visit, looked at art, dinner, desert, multiple music shows. I think we both had a blast, she wanted to get together sooner rather than later. But again, when saying good-bye, I went in for a hug, which turned out waaaaaaay more awkward then it should've been(I'm blaming that one on her).

My question is coming up, don't worry.

After talking for a while, I asked her what she was looking for in a relationship, to which she referred me to her online dating profile answer. It had something to do with not expecting anything serious, but being open-minded... she then said that she just wants to see what happens with me, and for now is having fun. Then, Y dropped the F bomb- if it didn't work out, we could still be friends. ugh. I seriously don't need anymore friends that are girls; I'm looking for a something serious.

I was then compared to other guys in a positive light- normally guys come on too strong and she feels pressured, but that I'm not pressuring her.

This seems like a trap, if I go in and make a move, I'm pressuring her. If I don't, then I'm sending signals of friendship.

Am I reading too much into her response, or is it a signal that mixes with the texts and contacts?

When is it the right time to make a move?

I feel like Y is very different from other girls I've dated, due (in part) to her cultural upbringing, and thus, her body language and signals are hard to read. Please help out an honest guy try to make a great girl happy.

Reference: quickpua.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment